W.F. “Todd” Skinner III
Attorney Todd Skinner’s Estate and Legacy Planning practice focuses on helping individuals and families enhance their lives today and protect their future. He excels in guiding his clients through the often confusing maze of financial and legal decisions to create purposeful legal plans that protect you today, minimize family conflict, and carry out your legacy wishes. Todd graduated from the College of William & Mary in 1993 with a BBA in Management. In 1997, he graduated with Dean’s Honors from Washburn University School of Law in Topeka, Kansas. In 1999 after working as a criminal defense attorney in Northern Virginia, Todd decided to return to his hometown of Williamsburg and practice law with his father, Bill Skinner. After Bill retired in 2013, Todd continued on with his law practice, the Skinner Law Office. Todd is admitted to practice before all State Courts in Virginia, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, the United States Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court. He is a member of the Virginia Peninsula Estate Planning Council and the Virginia State Bar and its section on Trusts & Estates. Todd is also a member of WealthCounsel, a nationwide organization of trusts and estates attorneys and other legal, tax, and business professionals.
A lifelong resident of Williamsburg, Todd is active in the community with past service on the vestry at Bruton Parish Episcopal Church, as Vice President and Treasurer of the Williamsburg Chapter of the William & Mary Alumni Society, and currently as the Vice President of Finance for the WJCC Schools Foundation.
Todd is married to Leslie and they have a full-time job when they get home in the evening in taking their canoe lab “Birdie Mae” to swim, play, and chase down pretty much anything that is thrown. For enjoyment, he enjoys firing up his Weber Smoker and being a BBQ cook, trying out the lessons and recipes learned first-hand from some of the finest BBQ cooks in the country: Myron Mixon, Johnny Trigg, and Rod Grey.
Leslie Magee Skinner
CFO | Director of Practice Development
Leslie joins the Skinner Law Office from the corporate world where she directed a sales team that brought in over $50 million annually. As the Executive Director of Practice Development, Leslie is responsible for maintaining the firm’s high standard of excellence with our professional alliances and client relations. Leslie’s experience in negotiating, problem-solving, and especially her community engagement skills are all instrumental to Skinner Law Office becoming an indispensable life-long advisor to our clients.
- Christopher Newport University (1994)
- Bachelor of Science in Governmental Administration
- Pre-Law Concentration
Collaboration and Appointments
- Jamestown Yorktown Foundation Revolutionary Society, Chair 2014 – present
- Jamestown Yorktown Foundation Inc., Member, Strategic Planning Task Force 2015-present
- Steering Committee (2015), Business Advisory Board (2014), Business Member (current), Williamsburg Community Foundation, 2010 – present
- Economic Progress Committee (2014), Chamber Member (2006), Williamsburg Chamber and Tourism Alliance, 2006 – present
- Deans Advisory Board (2015), Cluster Advisory Committee (2006-2012), Virginia State University, 2006 – present
- Commissioner, Williamsburg Area Arts Commission, 2011-2014
- Economic Development (2012), Virginia Chamber of Commerce, 2010 – 2014
- Film Lobby Campaign, Virginia Film Office, 2000-2014
- National Association of Fleet Administrators, 2000-2014
- Diversity Chair, JTFVC, 2006-2014
Philanthropic and Avocation Associations
- Member, Daughters of the American Revolution (Children of the American Revolution) 1971 – present, Williamsburg Chapter Membership Chair
- Board, Episcopal Church Women – Bruton Parish Church, 2014 – present
- William and Mary Tribe Club, 2006 – present
- Westwood Club, 2002 – present
- Kingsmill Tennis Association (2014), Kingsmill Resort, 2006 – present
Birdie Mae Magee Skinner
Birdie Mae is a Fox Red British Lab born in the Mississippi Delta near Memphis, Tennessee. On her off days she enjoys helping squirrels leap back into trees and chasing deer out of her backyard. When she is not playing or on yard patrol, she loves to meet new people. She is a frequent visitor and helper with Community Engagement at the Skinner Law Office.
River Magee Skinner – In Memoriam
River was born at Lake Gaston, North Carolina to a litter of 10 puppies. She was one of only two yellow labs in the litter so she always made herself known with tiny yips as a pup.
She was raised in the Near West End of Richmond, Virginia before moving to Williamsburg where she easily made the transition to the first two capitals of Virginia (Jamestown and Williamsburg).
River never met a stranger and loved swimming in the James, taking walks throughout Colonial Williamsburg, and frisbee/tennis ball throwing. Her number one mission was to meet new friends and make them happy. A very sweet girl who we miss very much.